Aquaneers Inc. is actively seeking a talented Research Scientist to lead an R&D effort into nanomaterials fabrication and manufacturing process development in the company’s Brooklyn, NY laboratories. Aquaneers is an early stage technology company that is pioneering advanced materials and devices for commercial applications at the energy-water nexus. The ideal candidate would be an energized recent PhD recipient in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or related fields, with excellent hands-on wet chemistry lab capabilities and the ability to design and carry-out advanced experimental research in nanotechnology materials development. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and accomplished team and is suitable for someone seeking a challenging entrepreneurial environment with tremendous potential for growth.
Aquaneers is performing a research project into nanomaterials development under federal grant funding and is seeking a full time Research Scientist to lead the laboratory R&D effort. The primary responsibility of the successful applicant is to develop reliable and repeatable nanomaterial fabrication methods amenable to reel-to-reel processing and mass production techniques that will lead to a commercial product. Specific skills and experience that are needed include: proficient wet chemistry processing capabilities, electrochemistry apparatus design and implementation, understanding of thin film deposition and processing techniques, automated data acquisition and analysis, nanomaterials manufacture and process development, quality control and scaling of commercial processes.
The laboratory work will be supplanted with the reporting of results on a level suitable for patent or publication, and hence, excellent writing skills are required. The preparation of proposals for future research funding is required. The successful candidate will enjoy working in collaboration with other scientists, engineers, and students and have the ability to successfully communicate for the company with industrial and government leaders.
A highly skilled laboratory scientist is sought who can manage and maintain all aspects of a rigorous research project. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Multi-Step nanomaterials fabrication process development and execution employing advanced chemical and electrochemical engineering methods
- Thin-film deposition and electron microscopy
- Materials analysis and quality control
- Experimental equipment design, implementation and repair
- Electronics, Computer, 3D Printing
- Laboratory safety, inventory, and maintenance
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry, or Materials Science or Related.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Strong desire for the challenges and rewards of joining a startup.
- Experience with wet chemical processing techniques, nanofabrication, electrochemistry, and electro-plating.
- Familiarity with vacuum systems and coating processes including sputtering and evaporation. Handling, cleaning, and coating silica based substrates.
- Results-oriented expertise in analytical chemistry laboratory techniques, data acquisition, analysis, and experimental design employing advanced test and measurement techniques and apparatus.
- Excellent writing and computer skills. Command of the English language.
- Can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Publications in relevant fields are a plus.
Compensation includes competitive pay, stock package, health benefits, and other incentives. For more information on Aquaneers, visit our website at www.aquaneersinc.com. Apply for the position by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Research Scientist Job Opening” on the Subject line.
***Aquaneers Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.***